Coach Brendan is an expert on endurance training who is frequently quoted on the air and in print. He’s also penned several authoritative articles for many respected running publications. See his recent multimedia coverage.
- Coach Brendan ABC Chicago 7 Boston Marathon renews resolve of runners April 16, 2013 Frank Mathie interview
- How Beginners Can Make Running a Healthy Habit, Active.com
- Runner’s World, March 2013, quoted in “Perks of Running Solo or Social”
- NBC Chicago 5 News Coach Brendan Antarctica Marathon NBC 5 Chicago reported on Coach Brendan’s Antarctica Marathon, Feb. 27, 2013.
- Coach Brendan’s Marathon at the Bottom of the World Part one – Bernie Tafoya of WBBM Newsradio 780 reported on Coach Brendan’s historic Antarctica Marathon, Feb. 25, 2013.
- Coach Brendan’s 87th Marathon – Coaching Chicago’s Runners Part two – Bernie Tafoya WBBM report on Coach Brendan’s Antarctica Marathon, Feb. 25, 2013.
- Women’s Running Magazine, Training Plan: Your first marathon, November 15, 2012
- WGN TV Mid-day Fix: Marathon Training Tips-Good Form Will Carry You Through!
- Three Ways for Advanced Runners to Achieve a PR, Active.com, August 9, 2012
- Training Tips for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, 670 The Score live interview with sports reporter David Schuster July 22, 2012
- Good Running Form for Beginners, Active.com, July 12, 2012
- Training Guidelines for a Successful Marathon, Chicago Athlete, June 2012
- “Running for a Cause: Charity and Chicago Marathon,” Daily Herald Business Ledger, June 6, 2012″
- WBEZ-FM, Chicago Public Radio, The Afternoon Shift with Steve Edwards, “The How-to’s of Running for the Novice and Expert,” May 29, 2012
- Active.com, Good Running Form for Beginners
- FM News Chicago, Coach Brendan’s tips for runners switching from the treadmill to outdoors
- WBEZ Radio Coach Brendan’s advice on 848 prepping for and finishing the Chicago Marathon.
- WBBM Newsradio: Coach Brendan tells Bernie Tafoya “75 percent of the 400 runners he has been coaching since May are running a marathon for the first time Sunday.” Hear the interview.
- Fox News, December 28, 2011 ”Tips to Help You Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions”
- Competitor magazine, November 2011 ”Post-Marathon Mending”
- Fox News, November 4, 2011″Eating for Endurance: Marathon Meals of the Trade”
- Runner’s World, August 2011 ”Dealing With Distractions While Training”
- Medill Reports, November 2, 2010
“Chicago’s Marathon Man Has Been on the Run for 25 Years”
- ESPN.com, September 30, 2010
“Build Endurance With These Workouts”
- Shape Magazine, August 2010
“Your Step-by-Step Half Marathon Training Schedule”
- “When Hitting the Wall Takes on a New Meaning.” Marathon & Beyond magazine, July/August 2010
- Runner’s World, July 2010
“It’s About Time”
- Runner’s World,April 2010
“Mixed Blessing.” Cross-training tips to become a stronger, healthier runner
- American Bar Association Journal, October 2009
- “Good Form Will Carry You Through,” Competitor magazine, September 2009
- “Beach Running for Strength and Endurance,” Competitor magazine, August 2009
- “Walk to Run Better,” Competitor magazine, July 2009,
Coach Brendan writes on the benefits of run/walking while training for and running endurance events.
- “Overcoming the ‘Stopping Wish’ in a Marathon,” Windy City Sports, October 2008
Running a marathon is 90% mental. The other half is physical.
- “The Benefits of Walking: Runner’s Edition” Chicago Athlete, September 19, 2009
Coach Brendan answers the question, Can run-walking really make me a better runner?
- Windy City Sports, June 25, 2008
“Speed It Up”
- ABC 7 Chicago: Coach Brendan is profiled as “Someone You Should Know”: Watch the clip>>
Coach Brendan is a frequent motivational speaker. Please click here if you’d like Coach Brendan to speak to your running clinic, business or organization.
- “Last Minute Tips for Better Performance – Visualization Techniques” – Chicago Half Marathon Expo, September 7 and 8, 2012, Navy Pier Exposition Hall, Chicago
- “Returning to Running after an Injury”
2012 Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle Expo, March 23 & 24, 2012
Navy Pier — Chicago, IL
- “Running For a Cause: Benefits of Partnerships Between Races and Charities”
USA Track & Field Race Directors Conference, November 18, 2011
St. Xavier University – Chicago, IL
- “Tips For First Time Marathoners”
Bank of America Chicago Marathon Expo, October 7 & 8, 2011
McCormick Place – Chicago, IL
- “Good Form Will Carry You Through”
Bank of America Chicago Marathon Expo, October 8 & 9, 2010
McCormick Place – Chicago, IL
- “Influence of Baby Boomers – Participation in Races”
USA Track & Field Race Directors Conference, November 2009
Hamburger U – Oak Brook, IL